Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost: Assassins of Turkey

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Assassins of Turkey

Hey,

Is there any Assassins among you? If you don't know what I'm talking about or if you know and do not play Assassin's Creed, why not?




Assassin's Creed: Revelations just came out last week and believe me when I say it; It. Is. Awesome! And I'm not just biased because the story is in Istanbul aka Constantinople! Well maybe a little :)





I just started playing with my brother and it shows really cool developments, both in graphics and plot. And the history seems to be according to actual facts. People usually have a hard time accepting historical facts if they were led to believe otherwise, but up to now, it's pretty accurate. And we're learning stuff we didn't even know before! for example how many of you knew that the Sultan then, Bayezid II asked Leonardo Da Vinci to design a bridge for the Golden Horn but didn't like it, then asked Michelangelo to do it but he said, if Leonardo was rejected he didn't want to participate in this design.... Don't know about you but my mind is blown.
File:Leonardo Bridge.jpg
The bridge designs found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks.

We play on weekends, when I stay at home rather than my dorm, and last weekend when we just stopped the next assignment was to go into the Bazaar and find Piri Reis and learn bomb making from him! Awesome? Hell yeah!!

And lastly I know this has more Altair then Ezio, but I think Woodkid's Iron is the perfect soundtrack for Assassin's Creed games.



Requiescat in pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment