Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost: A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Christmas Carol

Hope you had a very good time with this Christmas, I spent all day Saturday waiting for Doctor Who Christmas Special to be aired. And then waiting all day Sunday because I promised my brother I would watch it with him. There is only one thing I can say for sure; Best.Christmas.Special.Ever! Guest stars actor Michael Gambon and Welsh singer Katherine Jenkins were quite great casting.




** SPOILERS**

I am so glad to say that the latest Doctor Matt Smith has finally clicked into the role of Doctor. He has that right air of 'mad man with a box'.

My absolute favorite quote of this episode is definitely Doctor's first line:
While a family is being forced to leave the room the small child sees dust coming from the chimney, a second later in a dust cloud Doctor enters from the chimney, cleans the dust off himself: 





"Ah! Yes, blimey sorry! Christmas Eve on a rooftop, saw a chimney, my whole brain just went 'What the hell!?' " 

Some more memorable moments from the episode:


When Kazran says the woman in the freezer is no-one, Doctor says:
"That's new, isn't it? 900 years of time and space, and I've never met anyone who wasn't important."




One of the moment where my brother said Smith finally clicked: 
Kazran says the controls are isomorphic, Doctor says there is no such thing and scans them with the sonic screwdriver, scans Kazran and says: "............these controls are isomorphic!"

Those are the very few of my favorites but you get the idea. 
It was absolutely an episode to remember... Well, were you expecting anything less when it says: Writer: Steven Moffat...


ps. Oh yes I almost forgot... The Season 6 Trailer...The Doctor, Amy and Rory, who seems to be in the opening credits this year, go to somewhere where the Doctor has never been: America!...
All I can say is watch out! The season looks as good as it's Christmas Special!


No comments:

Post a Comment